Jeffs Face

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The door, the door...where's the door? (door = clever)

Last night I really Really wanted to update my blog, but I didn't feel too good. The previous night, I had taken some daytime Nyquil...that was a bad idea. I didn't get much sleep. Last night, I took some night-time Nyquil and fell asleep at 9:00, and woke up at 7:30. That was a LONG sleep.

I really wanted to post something clever, but all I could do was sit there and sulk at my non-clever self, so in place of some cleverness, I will hilight my day thus far.

There was severe weather last night. Watching the local news makes me laugh. The production is much different than what I'm used to in the DFW area. There were some strong winds in shreveport that did some damage. They were interviewing some people (which is always funny in itself), but over the interview, they kept showing random stuff...like shelves of food at grocery stores, and a freezer in a convenience store (seemingly unrelated pictures). Then the news guy kept saying stuff like, "look at this picture of the damage, heres another house." Then the all time great quote, "we have a really great photo here of a big tree in the road...it is too dark to see the tree, but it is there covering the road." It was funny.

On a totally different note. Today is Wednesday. Tonight, we are teaching Part 2 of 6 of "Supernatural." The Supernatural series is about the miracles Jesus did during his ministry here on earth. Part 2 focuses on Luke 5:12-15 where Jesus cleanses the Leper. I'm really looking forward to tonight, it'll be fun. As a leper, this man was completely cut off from all society...He wasn't just homeless, he wasn't even allowed to be in the city. His sickness would not only lead to a physical death, but to others, he was already socially dead.

Perhaps my cleverness will return tonight in another post. The youth always say funny stuff

0 comments: