Jeffs Face

Saturday, July 11, 2009

And the winner is....Something Random

Well, the masses have spoken. Of course by masses, I mean all eleven of you who desperately cling to my every word and have unrelentingly checked my face daily for some hint of an update.

As I proclaimed from the rooftop a mere 24 hours ago, I will be updating my blog with regularity from now on. I will type with such motivation and fervor... I will, oh yes, I will.

So, the winner of the poll was something random. What can I say that is not random? Here is my current dilemma.

"random |ˈrandəm|
adjective
>made, done, happening, or chosen without method or conscious decision : a random sample of 100 households.
• Statistics governed by or involving equal chances for each item.
• (of masonry) with stones of irregular size and shape.
PHRASES
at random without method or conscious decision : he opened the book at random."


You see, deliberately planning a 'random' act seems like an oxymoron. Is it truly random if you plan it? If you simply start typing, in hopes of attaining randomness, your mind will inevitably lead you to something that relates to the apparent random typing. How much more of this can I take? Let me put aside this truly mind-boggling quandry and proceed with the randomness.

I am getting to lead worship tomorrow at church. I really love leading worship, but I do know my limitations. I feel like my strong suit is the actual 'leading' of instruments...carefully planning song dynamics and transitions. This bodes well for somebody leading music. I also know, however, that my voice is my weakness. This does not bode well for somebody who is leading a congregation in worship.

We (we = the band) are performing a special that we learned at Youth Camp. It is called "Found" by the worship leader Aaron Ivey. Aaron Ivey was the former frontman of the worship band "Spur63." The thing that impressed me the most about him was his lyrics. They were honest, straight forward, and simple. Sometimes I feel like the words we sing in worship can be too poetic or too clever. I find myself just singing some random words that are supposed to lift up our Savior and Lord. At camp, I felt myself singing stories of grace and complete thoughts of thanks to our heavenly father. It was really one of the most amazing times of worship I've had in my life.

I am very excited about it...here are the lyrics:

"Jesus, healer of brokenness
Savior, fixer of troubled souls
Redeemer, turning my eyes to thee
Mighty God, you’re just and merciful

Chorus

Oh God of beauty and grace
You are my resting place
All of my life is found in You
You’ve taken my brokenness
Made me whole once again
All of my life is found in You
I’m found in you

Bridge:

All my security, my destiny
What lies ahead is found in you
All my hopes and dreams, all my thoughts unseen
All my wants are found in You
What I dread and fear, all that weighs me down
All my trust is found in You
My sustaining breath, all that gives me strength
All life-giving is found in You
"

See you soon.

2 comments:

K said...

Hey Jeff, guess who ... :P

I saw your status message on facebook and decided to stop by. On blogger, I am hadakushal, or should it be http://hadakushal.blogspot.com/ ? Either way, hope you are having a great weekend! See ya!

TylerLMoore said...

Ivey's band was "Spur58." Fantastic song though.